- FAQ 1: What is Eclipse?
- FAQ 2: What is the Eclipse Platform?
- FAQ 3: Where did Eclipse come from?
- FAQ 4: What is the Eclipse Foundation?
- FAQ 5: How can my users tell where Eclipse ends and a product starts?
- FAQ 6: What are Eclipse projects and technologies?
- FAQ 7: How do I propose my own project?
- FAQ 8: Who is building commercial products based on Eclipse?
- FAQ 9: What open source projects are based on Eclipse?
- FAQ 10: What academic research projects are based on Eclipse?
- FAQ 11: Who uses Eclipse in the classroom?
- FAQ 12: What is an Eclipse Innovation Grant?
- FAQ 13: What Eclipse newsgroups are available?
- FAQ 14: How do I get access to Eclipse newsgroups?
- FAQ 15: What Eclipse mailing lists are available?
- FAQ 16: What articles on Eclipse have been written?
- FAQ 17: What books have been written on Eclipse?
- FAQ 18: How do I report a bug in Eclipse?
- FAQ 19: How can I search the existing list of bugs in Eclipse?
- FAQ 20: What do I do if my feature request is ignored?
- FAQ 21: Can I get my documentation in PDF form, please?
- FAQ 22: Where do I find documentation for a given extension point?
- FAQ 23: How is Eclipse licensed?
FAQ 17: What books have been written on Eclipse?
In June 2004, books on Eclipse, other than this one, included the following:
Frank Budinsky et al., Eclipse Modeling Framework, Addison-Wesley, 2004 (http://www.aw.com)
Berthold Daum, Eclipse 2 for Java Developers, Wiley, 2003 (http://www.wileyeurope.com)
Berthold Daum, Java-Entwicklung mit Eclipse 2 (German), DPunkt, 2003 (http://www.dpunkt.de)
Berthold Daum, Stefan Franke, and Marcel Tilly, Web-Entwicklung mit Eclipse 3 (German), DPunkt, 2004 (http://www.dpunkt.de)
Eric Clayberg and Dan Rubel, Eclipse: Building Commercial-Quality Plug-Ins, Addison-Wesley, 2004 (http://www.qualityeclipse.com)
Bill Dudney, Eclipse Live, SourceBeat, 2003 (http://www.sourcebeat.com)
David Gallardo, Ed Burnette, and Robert McGovern, Eclipse in Action: A Guide for the Java Developer, Manning, 2003 (http://www.manning.com)
Erich Gamma and Kent Beck, Contributing to Eclipse, Addison-Wesley, 2003 (http://www.aw.com)
Wonjin Heo and Jiwon Jun, Total Eclipse (Korean), Youngjin Publishing, 2003 (http://www.youngjin.com)
Steven Holzner, Eclipse: A Java Developer’s Guide, O’Reilly, 2004 (http://www.oreilly.com)
Junya Ishikawa et al., The Complete Eclipse Guidebook: From Installation to Plug-In Development (Japanese), ASCII, 2003 (http://www.ascii.co.jp)
Shinji Miyamoto, Shinichi IIda, and Yu Aoki, Java Developers Guide to Adopting Eclipse (Japanese), SoftBank Publishing, 2003 (http://www.sbpnet.jp)
William Moore et al., Eclipse Development Using the Graphical Editing Framework and the Eclipse Modeling Framework, IBM RedBooks, 2003 (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com)
Stanford Ng, Stephen Holder, and Matt Scarpino, JFace/SWT in Action, Manning, 2003 (http://www.manning.com)
Steve Northover and Mike Wilson, SWT: The Standard Widget Toolkit, Addison-Wesley, 2004 (http://www.aw.com)
Joe Pluta, Eclipse: Step by Step, MC Press, 2003 (http://www.mc-store.com)
Sherry Shavor et al., The Java Developer’s Guide to Eclipse, Addison-Wesley, 2003 (http://www.aw.com)
Carlos Valcarcel, Eclipse Kick Start, Sams Publishing, 2004 (http://www.samspublishing.com)
Rob Warner and Robert Harris, The Definitive Guide to SWT and JFace, Apress, 2004 (http://www.apress.com)
Seongjun Yun, Sang-Min Cho, and Jeong Il Song, Eclipse: Reinforcing the Java World (Korean), Hybird, 2003 (http://hybird.net)