- Management Server Functions
- Section 2.7: Solaris OE Installation Preparation on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.8: Install the Solaris 8 Operating Environment on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.9: Install Recommended Solaris OE Patches on Each Cluster Node
- Section 2.10: The Solaris OE Post Installation and Configuration
- Section 2.11: Configure Additional Cluster Management Services
- Appendix A: System Configuration Files
The administrative workstation (clustadm) is required for setting up and configuring the cluster and can be used for ongoing cluster management and operations.
The administrative workstation is a remote workstation that can be used to administer each cluster node by connecting through the terminal concentrator. You can use the administration workstation to administer and monitor the cluster through the cluster control panel, the command-line interface, or through the Sun™ Management Center console (monitoring only).
Beyond these administrative workstation functions, we recommend that you implement additional cluster management services. When configuring this type of management server, consider combining JumpStart software services, applications software (and /PATCH) repository, along with Sun Cluster 3.0 software administrative functions appropriate to your implementation.
In this module, we describe the procedures used to install the administrative workstation (clustadm). We explain how to confirm that all requirements are met, verify that all cluster components (including patches) are installed correctly, and ensure that the student-selected shell environment is configured.