- B2B E-Commerce Primer
- Overall Function Point Counting and Estimation Methodology
- Benefits of Function Point Counting and Estimation
- Extensions to IFPUG CPM 4.1
- The Function Point Counting and Estimation Repository
- The Function Point Counting and Estimation Team-based Process
- Function Point Estimation Worksheet Example Segment
- Other Applications
- Internal Challenges at eSell
- Summary and Conclusions
- Final Questions to Ponder
Final Questions to Ponder
The journey to an enmeshed and integrated FP process within eSell's sales, services, and development organizations and with its partners and customers was arduous and circuitous. They succeeded only with the support and guiding hands of an executive sponsor, who had the vision and clearly saw the risks and rewards. Also instrumental was a process/technology evangelist with the drive, persistence, and expertise to execute on that vision over the long haul.
But company landscapes change, roles shift, priorities move. Is such a program entrenched sufficiently to survive if the sponsor and evangelist were removed from the equation? Is not any measurement program a young and vibrant plant that needs the constant attention, watering, and nutrients of a few dedicated individuals so it will not die on the vine? Or, is it like the forest, which tolerates the absence of the caretakers because the system is self-contained and self-sufficient? That is a question for which only the passage of time will provide an answer.