- Management Server Functions
- Section 2.1: Installing and Configuring the Management Server
- Section 2.2: Configuring the Terminal Concentrator
- Section 2.3: Configuring the Solaris JumpStart Server
- Section 2.4: Installing SUNWccon Package on the Administrative Workstation
- Section 2.5: Configuring the Management Server to Administer Cluster Nodes
- Section 2.6: Configuring the Cluster Control Panel
- Appendix A: System Configuration Files
- Appendix B: References
The administrative workstation (clustadm) is required for setting up and configuring the cluster, and can be used for ongoing cluster management and operations.
The administrative workstation is a remote workstation, which can be used to administer each cluster node by connecting through the terminal concentrator, and can be used to administer and monitor the cluster through the cluster control panel, the command-line interface, or through the Sun™ Management Center console (monitoring only).
Beyond these administrative workstation functions, we recommend that you implement additional cluster management services. When configuring this type of management server, consider combining JumpStart software services, applications software (and /PATCH) repository, along with Sun Cluster 3.0 software administrative functions appropriate to your implementation.
In this module, we describe the procedures used to install the administrative workstation (clustadm). We explain how to confirm that all requirements are met, verify that all cluster components (including patches) are installed correctly, and ensure that the student-selected shell environment is configured.