- Step 1: Determining the Interchange Goals and Objectives
- Step 2: Modeling the Business Process
- Step 3: Agreeing on Process Specifications and Parameters
- Step 4: Creating the Mapping Between Input and Output Data Formats
- Step 5: Configuring the Triggering Mechanisms to Process Information
- Step 6: Completing the Schedule for the Transaction Process
BizTalk Server is a powerful business transaction product that, when properly planned and implemented, is of help to organizations conducting B2B and EAI tasks. Several technologies are embedded, and several tools are included with the BizTalk Server product, including the BizTalk Orchestration Designer, Editor, Mapper, Messaging Manager, and Server Administration MMC utilities. This chapter introduced the tools and technologies and how they fit into a BizTalk process flow and provided references to more specific chapters throughout the book.