The following questions test your retention of the material presented in this chapter. The answers to the Review Questions are in Appendix K, "Answers to Review Questions."
1. What are the two main components of the Cisco Secure IDS?
2. Is Cisco Secure IDS a network-based IDS?
3. What is intrusion detection?
4. What are the two Cisco Secure IDS Director platforms?
5. What are the features of the PostOffice protocol?
6. What is the IDS triggering mechanism used by Cisco Secure IDS?
7. How many different types of sensor platforms are supported by Cisco Secure IDS?
8. What are the two 4200 Series Sensors?
9. What are the three types of responses that a sensor can perform in reply to an attack?
10. How do Cisco Secure IDS devices communicate with each other?
11. What three identifiers are used to construct a unique addressing scheme for Cisco Secure IDS?
12. Can multiple systems share the same host ID?