- Changing Your Wallpaper
- Changing Your Keyboard
- Adding Widgets to Your Home Screens
- Setting the Language
- Changing Accessibility Settings
- Adjusting Sound and Notifications Settings
- Modifying Display Settings
Adding Widgets to Your Home Screens
Some applications that you install come with widgets that you can place on your Home screen panes. These widgets normally display real-time information, such as stocks, weather, time, and Facebook feeds. Your Galaxy Note 5 also comes preinstalled with some widgets. The following tasks explain how to add and manage widgets.
Add a Widget
Your Galaxy Note 5 should come preinstalled with some widgets, but you might also have some extra ones that have been added when you installed applications. Here is how to add those widgets to your Home screen panes.
Touch and hold an open area on the Home screen.
Touch and hold a widget to move it to a Home screen pane. Keep holding the widget as you move to step 4. This example uses the Hangouts widget.
- Position the widget where you want it on the Home screen pane.
Drag the widget to different Home screen panes if you want to place it on a different pane, or drag it to the right-most pane to create a new Home screen pane and place the widget on the new pane.
- Release your finger to place the widget. Some widgets might help with the setup by prompting you with a few questions after they are positioned.
Remove and Move a Widget
Sometimes you want to remove a widget, resize it, or move it around.
- Touch and hold the widget until the widget zooms out, but continue to hold it.
- Drag the widget to the word Remove to remove it.
Drag the widget around the screen or drag it off the edge of the Home screen panes to reposition it on another screen.
- Release the widget.