Take a moment and practice the concepts studied in this chapter. It is important to have a strong foundational understanding of the Unity editor because everything you will learn from here on out will utilize it in some way. To complete this exercise, do the following:
- Create a new scene by going to File > New Scene or by pressing Ctrl+N (Command+N on a Mac).
- Create a Scene folder under Assets in the Project view.
- Save your scene by going to File > Save Scene or by pressing Ctrl+S (Command+S on a Mac). Be sure to save the scene in the Scenes folder you created and name it something descriptive.
- Add a cube to your scene. To do this, click the GameObject menu at the top, place your mouse over Create Other, and select Cube from the pop-up menu.
- Select the newly added cube in the Hierarchy view and experiment with its properties in the Inspector view.
- Practice navigating around the Scene view using Flythrough mode, the Hand tool, and snap controls. Use the cube as a point of reference to help you navigate.