- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Improving Web Searches with Cortana
You can start a web search with Cortana in two ways: directly from the Cortana Search window or by clicking the Search the web link visible in the previous lesson. In this lesson, you learn how your search terms affect your results.
- Click or tap the Search box and enter your search terms.
- If there are no matches on your device, click or tap the link for a web search.
- If your search term finds a matching website, it is displayed first.
- Cortana knows your location, so your results are also localized.
Click or tap to close the browser.
- Enter the same search as in step 1.
The website found in the previous search is now listed first, followed by related searches. Click or tap one to open it.
- Enter a localized search (for example, “movies in city”).
Click or tap the link to see matches in your city.
- Cortana displays matches in your city.
Click or tap the link for additional matches.