- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Discovering Cortana Features
Cortana includes many features you can use to improve search results. Here’s an overview.
- Click or tap the Search box, and Cortana opens its Home tab.
If you do not enter or speak search terms, Cortana provides you with a digest of your day (calendar, events, current news). Scroll down for more information.
Click or tap the Menu button to expand the Cortana menu. Click or tap an item to go to that menu.
Click or tap the Notebook button if you want to provide Cortana with more information about your preferences.
Click or tap the Reminders button if you want Cortana to remind you of a particular time, place, or person.
Click or tap the Feedback button if you want to suggest improvements.