As you browse websites, you might want to save some of the websites in a list of your favorites so you can go back to them later. In browser parlance, this saving process is called bookmarking. You can bookmark a website you’re currently viewing by tapping the star icon to the right of the URL in the Address field. The Add Bookmark window appears as shown in Figure 5..
Figure 5. If you decide you don’t want to add a bookmark, tap Cancel at the bottom of the window.
Here’s how to change your bookmark information within the window:
- Edit the title of the bookmark in the Name field. The official title of the web page is filled in for you, but you can change the name by tapping the Name field and using the keyboard. To change the folder in which the bookmark is stored, proceed with step 2. Otherwise, skip to step 7.
- To change the folder in which the bookmark is stored, tap the folder name, which is Mobile Bookmarks in this example.
- Create a new bookmarks folder by tapping New Folder.
- In the Choose a Folder window that appears, tap the Name field and then type the name of your new folder.
- Tap Save.
- In the Add Bookmark window, the new name of the folder appears in the Folder field.
- Tap Save.
The window closes and you see a blue star to the right of the address field, which signifies the site is bookmarked. You’ll learn about viewing and deleting bookmarks later in this article.