Download and Read a Book
There are plenty of free books you can download from the Google Play Store, so you can start reading classics and favorites right away.
- Open the Play Books app as you did earlier in this chapter.
- Tap the menu icon at the left side of the blue menu bar that appears at the top of the page.
- Tap Shop to begin shopping for books.
Swipe from right to left in the blue menu bar at the top of the page, and then tap Top Free, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5 The Top Free category name in the list appears on the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.
- View all books in the list by swiping down. Tap the tile of the book you want to download.
- Get information about the book, read reviews, add your own rating and review, and see related books as described in the previous section.
Tap the Add to Library button to add the book to your Play Books library, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6 The blue Add to Library button appears below the book title.
- The first page of the book appears in the Play Books app. Move to the next page by tapping the right side of the screen.