Sharing Locations with Friends
The Google Maps app enables you to see the location of your Google+ friends on a map or as a list. You can set up Google+ to share your location with individual friends or circles of friends.
- Tap the Apps icon on the Home screen.
- On the Apps screen, tap the Google+ icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the introductory screen, tap Next.
- In the Your Contacts screen, tap Next to add your Google+ contacts to your Contacts database on the Tab 4, and back up the photos stored on your Galaxy Tab 4 onto Google+. The app also makes suggestions about using Google+ more effectively based on who you communicate with using the Tab 4.
Tap the Everything box in the Google+ screen, as shown in Figure 14.
Figure 14. The Everything box appears below the orange menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap Locations on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Your current location on the map is indicated by a blue dot with your Google+ profile photo immediately above it, as shown in Figure 15.
Tap the Menu icon in the menu bar and then tap Location Settings.
Figure 15. The Menu icon appears at the right side of the orange menu bar at the top of the screen.
- In the Location Sharing screen, as shown in Figure 16, tap Choose People to Share With in the Pinpoint Location tile if you want to share your exact location with one or more Google+ circles or all Google+ users.
Alternatively, tap Change in the City Location tile if you want to share only your city. This example uses the city location.
Figure 16. The Pinpoint Location tile appears above the City Location tile.
When you finish changing your location sharing settings, return to the location map in Google+ by tapping the left arrow icon at the left side of the red menu bar at the top of the screen.
Now that youre up to date with how to get around in Maps, enjoy using the apps to get where you want to go and share your current location with your Google+ circles.