Using Calendar Views
There are three main ways to view your calendar: Day, Week, and Month. Let’s take a look at each.
Exploring Day View
The Day view is broken into two halves: the left side shows a timeline from morning until evening. Events are shown as blocks of color in this vertical timeline. The right side shows information for the event selected, if any.
- Tap Day to enter Day view mode.
- You can tap any day shown at the top to jump to the list of events for that day. You can also drag left and right here to see previous days and upcoming ones.
- Tap any event shown to view information about that event.
- The information appears on the right.
You can tap Edit to edit that event and change any aspect of it, or delete it.
- You can drag up and down to view the entire day.
- Tap Today to jump to the current day, in case you have moved to another day and want to return quickly.
- Tap Calendars to select which calendars are shown. This is useful if you have set up multiple calendars in iCloud, or have subscribed to public calendars.
- Tap Inbox to view any invitations you may have received via email or messages. You can accept or reject them. Accepted invitations will be added to your calendar.
- Tap + to add a new event.
Exploring Week View
To get a view of all the events for the week, switch to Week view. This gives you seven days across, but less space to preview each event. You can still select and edit events.
- Tap Week to go to the Week view.
- You can move to the previous week or the next by tapping and dragging in any blank part of the calendar. You can also drag vertically to see earlier in the morning or late in the evening.
- Tap an event to view more information about it.
- The information appears in a box to the left or right of the event.
- You can tap Edit to edit the event right here. The familiar editing interface will appear in an expanded box while you remain in the Week view.
- You can see the current time represented by a red line.
- Tap Today if you have navigated away from the current week and want to get back.
- Tap + to add a new event while remaining in Week view.
Exploring Month View
To see the “big picture,” you may want to use Month view. This gives you a grid of seven days across and six or more weeks vertically. While this view is similar to a monthly calendar, it doesn’t necessarily have to show a single month. It can be used to show any group of six consecutive weeks.
- Tap Month to enter Month view.
- While in Month view, you can tap and drag in blank areas to scroll up and down.
- Tap an event to view more information.
- The information appears in a box, like in Week view.
- Tap Edit to edit the information right here in Month view. The editing interface will appear inside an enlarged box.
- Tap Today to return to the current day if you have scrolled away from it.
- Tap + to add a new event right here in Month view.