Jensen, Randall and Charles Tonies, Software Engineering. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1979, p. 8.
 Jensen, Randall, Improving Software Development Productivity: Effective Leadership and Quantitative Methods in Software Management. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2014.
 McGregor, Douglas, The Human Side of Enterprise. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1960.
 Mehrabian, A., and S.R. Ferris, "Inference of Attitudes from Nonverbal Communication in Two Channels." Journal of Consulting Psychology, Vol. 31, 1967.
 McGregor, Douglas, The Human Side of Enterprise. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1960. See also McGregor, Leadership and Motivation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1966.
 DeMarco, Thomas, Software Productivity: The Covert Agenda. New York: Dorset House, 1990.
The covert agenda:
- Apply pressure to developers to get them to work longer and harder.
- Promote an ethic of workaholism.
- Get project members to sacrifice personal lives.
- Gull members into accepting hopeless schedules.
- Hold members' feet to the fire to make them deliver.
 Weinberg, G. M., The Secrets of Consulting: A Guide to Giving & Getting Advice Successfully. New York, NY: Dorset House, 1986, p. 5.
 Humphrey, Watts S., Managing the Software Process. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1989.