- iPhoto's Information Pane
- What Is Exif?
- Changing Your Photo's Date and Time
- Changing Your Photo's Name
- Adding a Description to Your Photos
- Batch Changing Titles, Dates, and Descriptions
- Adding Keywords to Your Photos
- Working with the Keyword Manager
- Flagging Your Photos
- Rating Your Photos
- Hiding Your Photos
- Deleting Your Photos
- Using the Contextual Menu
Changing Your Photo’s Name
iPhoto gives you the ability to replace the boring filenames your camera assigns your photographs (such as IMG_1842.JPG) to anything you want. If you have tens of thousands of photographs, renaming each one might get tedious, but being able to name individual photos can be very helpful for your favorites, especially when it comes to searching through your library.
- Select the photo so a yellow box highlights it.
Double-click the photo’s filename in the Information Pane to change it to a text entry field. Type any name you want, and press the Return key on your keyboard to finalize it.