- A Note on Integrated Teamwork: Cross-Disciplinary, Multidisciplinary, Interdisciplinary, and Transdisciplinary
- Inspirations for This Book
- Section 1: Architecting the Vision
- Section 2: Assessment: Opportunity Recognition and You
- Section 3: Opportunity Recognition: Discovery and Formulation
- Section 4: Value Creation: Opportunity Shaping
- Section 5: Putting It into Practice: Stories from the Field
- The Disruptive Innovation Approach
The Disruptive Innovation Approach
We believe that the answer is simple but not easy to implement or master.
Interdisciplinary teams trained as design thinkers to look for problems and iteratively map solutions innovate more efficiently, effectively, and consistently than any individual or organizational construct. The effect is a higher probability of success in the context of a new or improved product or service in an existing organization or a newly created one. In essence, this process is designed to elevate the probabilities of success through improved opportunity recognition. The vehicles for taking that opportunity to the marketplace are not constrained to new or existing ventures. Both forms will have higher rates of success.
In this book, we offer insights into collaboration, teamwork, and disruptive innovation, including navigating ambiguity, applying design process, leveraging learning styles in innovation, managing creative conflict for gain, the process of discovery, opportunity shaping, business model formation, and execution—including execution tools such as the pivot. We offer a series of case studies from branding to healthcare to illustrate our viewpoints in action.