Introducing Grocery Dude
Grocery Dude is the sample iPhone application you’ll create over the course of this book. As the features and best practices of Core Data are introduced, you can apply what you’ve learned to Grocery Dude. By the end of the book, you’ll have created a fast and fully functional Core Data application that integrates seamlessly with iCloud. If you would like to see the end result upfront, head over to the App Store and download Grocery Dude now. Note that Grocery Dude is written only for iPhone. This is because Core Data doesn’t care what size screen you display data on; the concepts are the same. Without further ado, it’s time to begin!
Have you ever stood in front of the fridge, pantry, cupboard, or some other location at home wondering what you’re forgetting to put on your shopping list? Then, when you get to the store, you can’t find something because you have no idea what aisle it’s in? To top it off, after zigzagging all the way from aisle 8 (and finally finding what you’re looking for in aisle 2), you discover the next item you need is back in aisle 8!
Here’s what Grocery Dude will do for you:
- Remind you what you might need by sorting potential items by their storage location in your house.
- Help you locate items at the grocery store by showing what aisle they’re in.
- Group your list by aisle so you only need to visit each aisle once, and in order.
- Sync between your devices with iCloud.
- Help you learn Core Data!