Getting Details About Your iPad
One of the many things in the Settings app on the iPad is an About section, from which you can learn details about your iPad.
Tap the Settings icon on your Home screen.
- Tap General from the list of settings on the left.
Tap About, the first item at the top of the list of General settings.
- Tap Name to change the name of your iPad as it is seen in iTunes and iPhoto when you sync with your computer and various other instances.
- See how many songs, videos, photos, and apps you have.
See the total capacity of your iPad and the amount of space available.
- The version number tells you which version of the iPad operating system you are running. Check this to make sure you are running the latest version of iOS.
- The model number tells you exactly which iPad you own if you happen to get it serviced or perhaps to report a bug to a third-party app developer.
The serial number, Wi-Fi address, and Bluetooth address are unique to your iPad. Apple may ask for your serial number if you are sending your iPad in for repairs. The Wi-Fi number is what you need if you are asked for a “MAC address” or “Ethernet address” for your iPad.