This chapter is from the book
Your Next Steps
- Understand the extent to which your brand is trusted relative to other brands in your industry.
- Determine the potential impacts on your brand if your competitors empower their employees and partners in social media.
- Determine the areas of your business that might benefit from more socially empowered employees.
- Identify programs in which your brand plans to invest, which could benefit from socially empowered employees; understand the results they plan to achieve, and how socially empowered employees could help to advance the programs’ goals.
- Determine the extent to which you use social media to develop relationships with audiences, versus simply broadcasting brand messages in social media.
- Determine the extent to which journalists engage your brand as a source of news about your industry, not just news about your brand.
- Determine the extent to which you are deliberately using social media to improve your brand performance in organic search results.
- Determine how much value your brand could achieve by migrating investments from traditional paid media into socially empowered employees.