- Understanding Vector and Raster Graphics
- Understanding Paths
- Selecting a Drawing Mode
- Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Using the Shape Builder Tool
- Creating Perspective Objects
- Working with Perspective Objects
- Customizing a Perspective Grid
- Understanding Selections
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping Objects
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
- Using the Transform Panel
Using the Transform Panel
The easiest way to transform an object is to use the bounding box or the Free Transform tool. You can quickly drag to transform an object. However, if you want to transform an object to an exact size or dimension, you can do it with the Transform panel. With the Transform panel, you can specify exact values or percentage for X & Y coordinates, width & height, rotate angle, and shear angle as well as other options to align to the pixel grid, and scale strokes & effects.
Transform an Object with the Transform Panel
Select the Selection tool on the Tools panel.
Select one or more objects to transform.
Select the Transform panel.
Specify exact values or percentages for any of the following:
- X & Y Coordinates. Enter X and Y values, which refer to the selected reference point; click a white square to change it.
- Width (W) & Height (H). Enter width and height values. Use the Lock icon to constrain proportions.
- Rotate Angle. Enter a rotate angle.
- Shear Angle. Enter a shear angle.
- Align to Pixel Grid. Select to pixel-align individual object to the pixel grid.
- Scale Strokes & Effects. Select to scale strokes and effects along with objects.
- Click the Options button to select additional options.