- MetaFrame 1.8 Service Pack 2 and Feature Release 1: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Part 1
- What Functionality Requires an FR1 License?
- Do I Need to Run the Citrix XML Service?
- What Exactly Does the Encryption Service Do?
- What Happens if the Encryption Service Is Stopped?
- Should I Be Utilizing the Strong ICA Encryption Feature of FR1?
What Happens if the Encryption Service Is Stopped?
Surprisingly enough, stopping the Encryption Service will not cause a failure in the establishment of secure client connections. What does happen is that the periodic updating of the Diffie-Hellman parameters will no longer occur, and the last successfully generated pair of values will continue to be reused until the service is once again running.
You should ensure that the Encryption Service is running if you are going to be utilizing strong encryption for ICA connections. On a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, you can take advantage of the integrated recovery options for services, as shown in Figure 6. Here you can specify options such as how the server should respond if the service fails.
Service recovery options on a Windows 2000 server.