Modifying More Settings
There are too many settings in Android to cover in this book, but here are some of the more important settings that you should know about.
- Tap the clock in the Notification bar.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Display.
- Set the brightness level by tapping Brightness and then move the slider in the Brightness window to change the brightness level. When you finish changing the brightness level, tap OK.
- Tap Screen Timeout.
- Select the period of inactivity after which the screen times out and goes dark. The default is one minute. If you don’t want to change the time interval, tap Cancel.
- Set the font style and size by tapping Font Style and Font Size, respectively, in the Font area. When you select the font style you can choose from the built-in fonts or you can search for, purchase, and download fonts from the Google Play Store.
- Tap Quick Launch to change the quick launch icon in the Notification bar.
- The default Quick Launch icon is the screen capture icon that appears to the right of the task manager icon. You can change the Quick Launch icon to launch applications, search, or the camera. If you don’t want to have a Quick Launch icon, tap None. After you tap the icon in the list, the icon in the Notification bar changes (or disappears after you tap None) to reflect your choice. If you change your mind and don’t want to change the icon, tap Cancel.