Customizing Android 4 on Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Your Galaxy Tab 2 isn’t just a static system that forces you to work with it. It’s malleable so you can change many attributes of the system to work the way you prefer. The topics in this chapter include the following:
- Password-protecting the Galaxy Tab 2
- Setting parental restrictions
- Changing the date and time
- Modifying your wallpaper
- Setting alert sounds
- Changing keyboard settings
Password-Protecting the Galaxy Tab 2
One of the first things you should do when you set up your Galaxy Tab 2 is password-protect it so that unauthorized persons can’t use your Galaxy Tab 2 or gain access to the data stored on it.
- Tap the clock in the Notification bar.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Screen Lock.
- Tap Password.
- Type your password in the Select Password screen. The password must be at least four characters. A couple of seconds after you tap the letter, the letter turns into a dot to hide what you just entered. Tap Continue.
Retype the password in the Confirm Password screen (which is identical to the Select Password screen) and then tap OK.
The next time you log in to your Galaxy Tab 2, you are prompted to type in your password in the password box. If the keyboard doesn’t appear on the screen right away, tap the password box to open the keyboard.