- Consumer Sentinel Network
- The President's Identity Theft Task Force
- FTC Survey
- 2012 Javelin Strategy & Research Report
- Immigration Fraud
- It Can Happen to Anyone
- A Big Problem
- Terrorism and Identity Theft
- What Do Identity Thieves Do?
- Phishing-Go Phish
- Who Do You Trust?
- How Do You Know That You Have Been a Victim of Phishing?
- What You Can Do to Prevent Identity Theft
It Can Happen to Anyone
In 2012, an AWOL soldier, Brandon Lee Price, was arrested and charged with stealing the identity of Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen. According to the FBI, Price called Citibank in January of 2012 and changed the address on a bank account of Allen’s from Seattle to Pittsburgh; then a few days later, he requested a new debit card for the account after stating that he had lost his debit card. Price used the card to access Allen’s account and pay off his own outstanding debts.