- Consumer Sentinel Network
- The President's Identity Theft Task Force
- FTC Survey
- 2012 Javelin Strategy & Research Report
- Immigration Fraud
- It Can Happen to Anyone
- A Big Problem
- Terrorism and Identity Theft
- What Do Identity Thieves Do?
- Phishing-Go Phish
- Who Do You Trust?
- How Do You Know That You Have Been a Victim of Phishing?
- What You Can Do to Prevent Identity Theft
How Do You Know That You Have Been a Victim of Phishing?
The problem is that you might not know that you have been a victim of identity theft through phishing. When a mugger takes your wallet, you know right away that your money has been taken, but when an identity thief steals your identity through phishing, you might not remember what appeared to be the innocuous e-mail that started you on the road to having your identity stolen. As always, an ounce of prevention is worth a gigabyte of cure.