Finding the Help You Need
Windows 8 has revamped the look and feel of Help and Support to make finding articles, tips, and troubleshooting techniques easier than ever. If you’ve been looking for the little Help icon in Windows 8 you won’t find it on the Start screen (it does still appear in File Explorer, though). But as you’ll see getting Help in Windows 8 is as easy as typing four little characters.
Displaying Windows Help and Support
What’s the first thing to do when you feel like yelling “Help!”? How about this:
On your computer keyboard, type hel. Before you even get to the letter P, Windows 8 instantly opens a search and displays the characters you typed in the search box.
Tap or click Help and Support. The Windows Help and Support window appears.
- You can click one of the three displayed categories: Get Started, Internet & Networking, or Security, Privacy, & Accounts.
- Or click in the Search box and type a word or phrase that reflects the type of information you want to find.
Click the Search tool.
- Click a link to display a help article that looks as though it would offer the information you seek.
If you find that you are looking up a certain task repeatedly, you might want to print the help information to keep close to your computer until you commit it to memory.
- Search for the help information you need.
- Click Print at the top of the help window.
- Choose your printer.
- Set your print options.
- Click Print.