Setting Up Your Facebook App
The next step in installing the Facebook for WordPress plugin is to create a Facebook app for your website. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and click the Create New App button. The Create New App dialog box displays.
- Enter an App Name and an App Namespace and click Continue (see Figure 6). Your App Name should be the name of your website. Facebook uses the App Namespace for custom Open Graph actions and for your Apps on Facebook URL. Facebook might prompt you to enter a security word or verify your account by adding a mobile phone number or credit card number before you can continue.
- The Basic tab displays (see Figure 7), showing details about your app. On this tab, complete the following fields and then click the Save Changes button.
Figure 6 Create a Facebook app to enable the Facebook for WordPress plugin.
Figure 7 Complete the Basic tab to continue app setup.
- Click the Edit Icon link to set up your app icon and image.
- Verify that the Display Name and Namespace you entered previously are accurate.
- Enter your Contact Email and App Domains (domain of your site).
- Select a Category that best matches your site content.
- Click the Website with Facebook Login section and enter your site URL.
- Click the Mobile Web section and enter your mobile web URL (usually the same as your main site unless you have a different URL for mobile access).
Figure 8 Enter data from your new Facebook app to complete setup.