Creating an Event
Creating an event on Google+ takes only a few minutes. You can create an event from either a Google+ profile or page. Using your profile is the best bet for personal events or for business events that you’re hosting as an individual. For other business events, or those sponsored by a specific company, using your company’s Google+ page to create the event is a better solution.
To create an event, follow these steps:
- Click the Events icon on the Google+ ribbon.
- Click the Create Event button on the Events page (see Figure 1) to open the Create Event dialog box.
- Scroll through the available themes using the arrow buttons until you find one that suits your event. There are themes for everything from business events to family gatherings. Optionally, click the Change Theme button to select from additional themes, use one of your photos as a theme image, or upload an image from your computer.
- Enter an Event Title that clearly describes your event.
- Enter the event date and select the start time and end time from the drop-down lists. If you want to view a calendar, click in the date text box.
- In the Location field, start typing the location for your event and select an exact match from the drop-down list. Google+ lists popular cities and locations such as Chicago, the Hyatt Regency at Embarcadero Center in San Francisco, or the Dallas Design Center. If you can’t find a match, you can enter a location manually.
- Add any event details, such as what to bring or what this event covers.
- From the Event Options drop-down list, specify whether guests can invite other people or add photos. If your event is public, allowing guests to invite others is a great promotional tool. If your event is a small gathering for specific people, uninvited guests might be less attractive.
- If this event is for a Google+ Hangout, select Advanced from the Event Options drop-down list and then select Google+ Hangout.
- If this event is for a Google+ Hangout On Air, select Advanced from the Event Options drop-down list and then select Make This an Event on Air.
- Optionally, select Advanced from the Event Options drop-down list and then select Show Additional Fields. Google+ displays the following fields on the Create Event dialog box:
Figure 1 Creating an event on Google+ is a quick and simple task.
- Website URL: Enter the URL of a website where people can find more information about your event.
- Ticket Seller URL: Enter the URL of the website where attendees can purchase tickets. This field is particularly useful if you use a ticket site such as Eventbrite to handle your ticket sales to a public event.
- YouTube URL: Enter the URL of a YouTube video related to your event.
- Transit and Parking Information: Enter any information you want to share with guests about transporation to your event destination and its parking situation.
Figure 2 Send your event invitation to selected people and circles or make it public.