Pinning from the Pinterest Site
The simplest (but not necessarily the easiest) way to create a pin is from the Pinterest site. You can also install a Pin It button in your web browser or upload an image to pin, but those all require additional steps.
>>>step-by-step: Creating a Pin
To pin an item while you’re using the Pinterest website, you need to know the address (URL) of the web page you want to pin. With that URL in hand, follow these steps:
- Click Add+ on the Pinterest menu bar. The Add panel displays.
- Click Add a Pin to view the Add a Pin panel.
- Enter the URL of the page you want to pin.
- Click the Find Images button. The Add a Pin panel now changes to display a slideshow of images found on the selected web page.
- Click the Next or Prev buttons to cycle through the images until you find the one you want to pin.
- Pull down the pinboard list and select the board to which you’d like to pin this image.
- Enter a short (500 characters or less) text description of or comment on this image into the Describe Your Pin box.
- Click the red Pin It button.
- The image you selected is pinned to the selected board and displayed onscreen. You can now edit the pin or share it via Facebook or Twitter.