- Exploring the New Home Page and New Navigation Bar
- Connecting with Other Users / Discovering People and Stories
- Customizing Your Profile / Viewing Twitters New Profile Pages
Connecting with Other Users
When you want to view your interactions with other Twitter users, click the @Connect button on Twitter’s navigation bar. This displays the Connect page, which is kind of like your greatest Twitter hits.
The top left pane determines what you see in the main column on the right. Click Interactions and you see retweets, mentions, and new people following you; click Mentions and you see mentions and replies to your tweets.
Figure 4 Viewing Interactions and Mentions on the new Connect page.
Beneath the top left panel is another connection-related panel. First up are a handful of suggestions on who to follow; click a Follow link to do just that. Then there are links to Find Friends and Browse Categories, if you wish to do either.
Discovering People and Stories
When you’re on the hunt for something new, click the #Discover button on Twitter’s navigation bar. This opens the Discover page, which has quite a lot of content on it.
Figure 5 Discovering new topics and tweeters.
You navigate the Discover page from the panel at the top left. Here’s what you can do:
- Click Stories to display a list of trending topics (dubbed “stories”) in the main content column.
- Click Activity to display recent activity from the people you follow.
- Click Who to Follow to display a list of suggested tweeters; click the Follow button to add any individual to your follow list.
- Click Find Friends to search your contacts for folks already on Twitter, or to invite (via email) friends who are not yet tweeting.
- Click Browse Categories to display a list of major topic categories. You can then click through each category to view the most recent tweets in that category.
Beneath the top left panel is a list of trending hashtags and topics in your area. Click any given item to view the most recent related tweets.