- How Many People Does Each Social Site Reach?
- What's the Character of Each Site?
- Do You Need a Multimedia Experience for Your Marketing?
- What Can You Achieve via Media and Bloggers?
- What Advertising Options Are Available for Twitter and Facebook?
- Are You Marketing to Other Businesses or Direct to Consumers?
- Will You Need to Do Customer Service?
- Is Your Business Local?
- How Important Is ROI?
Based on everything I've seen from Twitter and Facebook business marketing over the last three and a half years, most of the time I would choose Facebook over Twitter. It reaches more people, provides more ways to control your growth, gives you multimedia opportunities to grab attention and affect emotions, empowers local marketing tactics, and gets better bottom-line results. Is Twitter ever the right choice? Yes. Twitter makes sense if you can find a significant number of your customers and prospects there, and you have to use social media with no advertising budget. But I believe that when you look across all businesses, because of Facebook's advantages, the bulk of competitive and innovative social media marketing in the next year will be conducted there.