Customizing the Start Screen
Windows Phone does not require you to use the default tile layout. You are free to add, remove, and rearrange the tiles to meet your own individual preferences.
Moving a Tile
To rearrange the tiles on the Start screen
- Tap and hold the tile you want to move.
- When the tile’s appearance changes, drag the tile to the desired location.
- When the tile is in its new location, lift your finger and then tap the tile one last time.
Removing a Tile
To Remove a tile from the Start screen:
- Tap and hold the tile until its appearance changes.
- Tap the unpin button that is displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the tile.
Adding a Tile
Virtually any object can be pinned to the Start screen. For example, you can pin an application to the Start screen, or you can pin an individual person from your contacts to the Start screen. That way, you can access that person’s contact information and social networking updates with a single touch. To pin an object to the Start screen
- Press and hold the object.
When the object’s menu appears, tap the Pin to Start option.
- The object is added to the bottom of the Start screen but can be moved to any position.