Updating the Phone
Like desktop and server versions of Windows, Microsoft occasionally releases updates to the Windows Phone 7 operating system. These updates might correct bugs, enhance security, or add new features. You can check for updates by using either the Zune software or the phone itself.
Using the Zune Software to Check for Updates
To check for available updates using the Zune software:
- Attach your phone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Open the Zune software.
- Click Settings.
- When the Settings screen appears, choose the Phone option.
- Click Update.
Checking for Updates Without the Zune Software
You can configure your phone to automatically check for available updates regardless of whether or not you use the Zune software by taking the following steps:
- Tap the Start button.
- Flick the arrow icon to access the App List.
- Scroll to the bottom of the App List and tap Settings.
Tap Phone Update.
- Select the Notify Me When New Updates are Found check box.
- You can optionally select the Use My Cellular Data Connection to Check for Updates check box.