Ten Tricks for Using Siri on Your iPhone 4S
- #1. Use Siri with a Wi-Fi Connection Whenever Possible
- #2. Wait for Siri's Ready Prompt Before Speaking
- #3. You Can Use A Bluetooth Wireless Headset with Siri
- #4. Remember that Siri Works with a Wide Range of Apps
- #5. Siri Also Does Math
- #6. Use Siri to Dictate Text, but Speak Your Punctuation
- #7. Fill in the Related People and Birthday Fields Within Your Contacts App
- #8. Avoid Using Siri in Areas with a lot of Background Noise
- #9. Get Into the Habit of Providing Siri with the Needed Information
- #10. Still Not Sure What Siri Can Do? Just Ask Siri!
There are several advantages of upgrading an Apple iPhone 3Gs or iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S. In addition to the vastly improved built-in cameras, for example, only the iPhone 4S offers Siria way to communicate with and control your iPhone using voice commands.
Technically, even though Siri was introduced at the same time as the iPhone 4S, this feature is still being considered by Apple as a beta version, so the company continues to tinker with and improve its functionality.
The following 10 tips will help you get the most out of using Siri on your iPhone 4S.
#1. Use Siri with a Wi-Fi Connection Whenever Possible
In order for Siri to function, your iPhone 4S needs access to the Internet via a 3G or Wi-Fi connection. You'll discover that Siri's response time is significantly faster when a Wi-Fi connection is utilized. Siri will not work at all when your iPhone 4S is in Airplane mode.
Using Siri with a Wi-Fi connection will not detract from your monthly 3G wireless data allocation that you may be subject to (that is, unless you have an unlimited wireless data plan through your service provider).