- Creating Visual Basic Components for the Web
- Making a Web-Aware ActiveX Custom Control
- Understanding Custom Controls and Asynchronous Transfer
- Working with UserControl.AsyncRead
- Downloading a Graphic
- Understanding Properties in Terms of AsyncRead
- Working with the FileSystemObject
- Compiling the Custom Control
- Packing the Custom Control
- Deploying the Custom Control with a Sample Page
- Updating the Custom Control
Deploying the Custom Control with a Sample Page
The Wizard is finished with its operation after it creates the CAB files and the sample Web page into which the custom control is embedded. You copy the CAB file to a directory on your Internet server. In addition, you can post the sample Web page in the same directory. This allows you to verify that the custom control will download correctly and that it is in good working order.
Listing 3 shows the HTML from the Web page that the Package and Deployment Wizard generates for this custom control.