- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Automatically Updating Your Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
Changing Your Desktop Picture
Every time you sit down in front of your Mac, you’re looking at your desktop—or, more specifically, at the picture displayed on it. Why not have some fun with it? You can change the desktop picture any time you like, using any photo, cartoon, or other graphic that catches your fancy.
Choose Apple menu, System Preferences.
Click the Desktop & Screen Saver button to see your choices.
Click the Desktop button.
Click a folder and an image from within the folder to apply that image to the desktop.