Using the Skeleton Driver as a Basis for Development
The Skeleton driver is designed for use as a basic for UMDF driver development. By customizing the existing code and adding some of your own code, you can create a driver for your specific device. The following tasks are required:
- Customize the exports.
- Customize the Sources file.
- Customize the INF file.
- Customize the Comsup.cpp file
- Add device-specific code to the Driver.cpp file.
- Add device-specific code to the Device.cpp file
For most drivers, you can use the following files from the Skeleton unchanged:
- ComSup.cpp and ComSup.h, which supply basic support for COM
- DllSup.cpp which supports basic DLL functions