- Finding Information Using Spotlight
- Finding Information in the Spotlight Window
- Filtering Spotlight Results
- Grouping and Sorting Spotlight Results
- Working with Spotlight Results
- Setting Spotlight Preferences
- Searching for Files Using the Find Window
- Searching for Hard to Find Information
- Working with Find Window Results
- creating and Using Smart Folders
- Getting Help While You Work
- Getting Help Using Spotlight
Working with Spotlight Results
After you perform a search using the Spotlight window, you can Control-click an item to display a shortcut menu and get more information about an item in the Spotlight results. When you Control-click an item, the shortcut menu allows you to open the item, get information about the item from the Get Info dialog box, locate the item in the Finder, display a slide show for graphic items, or create an e-mail with attachments using Mail.
Work with Spotlight Results
- Press bar or click Show All in Finder on the Spotlight menu to open the Spotlight window, and then perform or narrow a search.
The Spotlight window displays the results of your search by category.
- Control-click or right-click the item(s) you want, and then click the option you want:
Open. Opens the selected item(s).
Open With. Opens the selected item(s) with a specified application. Point to Open With, and then select an available application.
Open Enclosing Folder. Displays the selected item(s) in a Finder window.
Get Info. Opens the Get Info dialog box with basic file information for the selected item(s).
Quick Look. View the contents of a file or folder without opening it.
- When you're done, click the Close button.