Resetting an App
Many apps save user data over time. The most obvious example is a game where high scores or the current level you are playing is saved until you play the game again. Other apps can save data, such as credit card info, addresses, and phone numbers. You can easily reset an app, making it “forget” whatever configuration and data are saved.
- Open the Apps folder and tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Select the Manage Applications option.
- Select the Downloaded category.
- Tap an app. (In this example, I select Angry Birds.)
- See how much data the app is storing.
- Tap the Clear Data button. (If the button is grayed out, there is no data to delete or the app does not allow it.)
- Click the OK button to confirm the data deletion, or click the Cancel button to cancel the data deletion.
- The amount of data stored is cleared.