Examining an App’s Information Page
Before you download and install any app to your Xoom, read the app’s information page. Reading an app’s description can help you determine whether the app meets your needs, inform you about any fees associated with it (there are one-time fees and recurring fees), and provide you with screenshots and customer reviews.
- From the Android Market, tap an app in either the Featured Tablet Apps category or the Top Free Apps category. (In this example, I tapped on the USA Today for Tablets app.)
- You can see the price of an app (or if it’s free).
- You can find the version number and app size.
- You can read a description of the app.
- Tap the More button to read additional description content.
- Scroll down the page to view more information.
- Read the What’s New section to see what has been changed or fixed since the last version of the app was released.
- View screenshots. Swipe your finger left or right to view additional screenshots that might be off the screen.
- Read reviews from other customers and see reviewers’ ratings (out of five stars).
- You might need to scroll down the page to view additional information.
- Tap the More button to read more customer reviews.
- View related apps. These are suggested apps provided by the Android Market based on other customer purchases and reviews.
- Tap the More button to view additional apps that Android Market recommends.