Your Motorola Atrix 4G comes with a YouTube application that enables you to find and watch videos, rate them, add them to your favorites, and share links to YouTube videos. The YouTube application even enables you to upload new videos.
YouTube Main Screen
- Touch the YouTube icon on the Home screen to launch the application.
- Touch to play a video.
- Touch to record a video and upload it to YouTube.
- Touch to search for a video on YouTube.
- Touch the Menu button to reveal more options.
- Touch Home to return to the YouTube home screen.
- Touch Browse to browse YouTube by category.
- Touch My Channel to show your YouTube channel, if you have one.
- Touch Upload to upload a video from your video library to YouTube.
- Touch Settings to change the YouTube settings.
Playing a Video
While playing a YouTube video, you can rate the video, read video comments, and share the video with someone.
- Touch the thumbs-up icon to indicate that you like the video.
- Touch the thumbs-down icon to indicate that you do not like the video.
- Touch the Info tab to see information about the video.
- Touch the Related Videos tab to see videos about the same topic or by the same YouTube user.
- Touch the Comments tab to read comments YouTube users have made about the video and write your own comment.
- Touch More to see more options.
- Touch Flag to flag the video as inappropriate.
- Touch Save To to save the video to your YouTube account so you can find it more easily next time.
- Touch Favorite to mark the video as one of your favorites.
- Touch Share to share a link to the video with friends via Bluetooth, Email, Facebook, Gmail, Google Voice, Text Messaging, or Twitter.
- Touch Copy URL to copy the direct link to the video to the device clipboard.
When you first open the YouTube application, you are presented with the Featured videos. You can view videos from a specific category and also filter videos within a category by how recently they were posted.
- Touch the Menu button, and touch Browse.
- Touch a category of videos that you would like to see, such as Science & Technology.
- Scroll up and down to see all of the categories.
- Touch to filter the videos by time.
- Choose your time filter.
Changing YouTube Settings
If you want to clear your YouTube search history or change the caption font size, you can do this in the YouTube application’s settings screen.
- Touch the Menu button while looking at the main YouTube screen, and then touch Settings.
- Touch High Quality on Mobile to start YouTube videos in high quality. Because high-quality videos are bigger, it might take longer to start playing them, but the quality is worth it.
- Touch Caption Font Size to change the font size of video captions. Your choices are Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.
- Touch Clear Search History to clear your YouTube search history.
- Touch SafeSearch Filtering to block inappropriate videos and comments.