- 1. Create Content that Attracts Your Target Audience
- 2. Create a Welcome Tab that Encourages Visitors to Like Your Page
- 3. Add a Facebook Like Box to Your Website or Blog
- 4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
- 5. Run a Contest, Sweepstakes, or Coupon Giveaway
- 6. Use Facebook as a Page
- 7. Promote Your Facebook PageOnline and Offline
4. Add a Facebook Like Button to Your Blog Posts
Placing a Facebook Like button (see Figure 6) on each of your blog posts makes it easy for readers to like your content. When readers click the Like button, they share your content with their Facebook friends.
Figure 6 A Like button next to each of your blog posts makes it easy for readers to share your content with their Facebook friends.
More than 10,000 websites a day add the Like button, attributing to its popularity across the web. You can get the code to install the button on your site at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like.
If you use WordPress, another option is the Facebook Like Button Plugin for WordPress (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/fblikebutton). Share and Follow (http://share-and-follow.com/wordpress-plugin) is another WordPress plugin that offers numerous social sharing options, including a Facebook Like button.