Managing Introduction Requests
In addition to requesting your own introductions to others, you might also receive introduction requests. For example, LinkedIn members might ask you to facilitate an introduction to one of your connections or might ask your connection to facilitate an introduction to you.
To review and respond to introduction requests, follow these steps:
- On the global navigation bar, click the Inbox link to open your Inbox.
- Click the All Messages link and select Introductions from the drop-down menu. Your Inbox displays only your introduction requests. Alternatively, you can also view new introduction requests in your Inbox preview on your home page or receive them by email. (Specify this on the Account & Settings page.)
- To open the request, click the subject line link. Figure 6.8 illustrates a sample introduction request.
Figure 6.8 Forward an introduction request on to one of your connections.
- Click the Forward button to forward the request to your connection.
- Enter any additional comments in the text box and click the Forward Message button.
The target recipient receives your forwarded introduction request and can accept or decline it. Accepting the introduction enables the requestor and target to communicate with each other, but they still need to send an invitation request to become connections.