- The Business Case for a New Design Process
- Improving the Development Process
- Overview of Data Integration Modeling
- Conceptual Data Integration Models
- Logical Data Integration Models
- Physical Data Integration Models
- Tools for Developing Data Integration Models
- Industry-Based Data Integration Models
- End-of-Chapter Questions
Conceptual Data Integration Models
A conceptual data integration model is an implementation-free representation of the data integration requirements for the proposed system that will serve as a basis for "scoping" how they are to be satisfied and for project planning purposes in terms of source systems analysis, tasks and duration, and resources.
At this stage, it is only necessary to identify the major conceptual processes to fully understand the users' requirements for data integration and plan the next phase.
Figure 3.5 provides an example of a conceptual data integration model.
Figure 3.5 Conceptual data integration model example