Adding Bookmarks and Highlights
Each time you launch iBooks, your iPad returns you to the page you were last reading. However, you might want to bookmark a favorite passage, a bit of key information, or a section you want to return to later.
- Go to a page in a book in iBooks.
- Tap a word, and hold your finger there until a magnifying glass appears.
- Release your finger and you see three choices: Dictionary, Bookmark, and Search.
- Drag the blue dots to enlarge the section of text highlighted. Choose a large enough section so that you can recognize what you bookmarked when it is out of context.
- Tap Bookmark.
- The text highlight now changes color. Tap the text again to see a set of choices that enables you to choose a different color.
- Tap a color, or tap Unbookmark to remove the bookmark. You can use different colors to represent different types of bookmarks. For instance, if you are bookmarking passages in a textbook, you could highlight important facts with one color, and points that you want to research in the future with another color.
- To see a list of bookmarks, tap the Table of Contents button.
- Tap Bookmarks and your list of bookmarks appears.