- Entering Data and Making Changes
- Entering Data
- Editing and Deleting Existing Data
- Zooming Into Your Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Copying and Pasting Data
- Freezing Rows and Columns
- Splitting a Worksheet
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Applying a Data Filter
- Sorting Data
- Adding and Managing Cell Comments
As you work with worksheets, you might find that data needs to be eliminated to keep the worksheet up to date. You can easily delete extraneous cells and shift existing cells to their correct locations.
Select the cell or cells that need to be deleted.
Right-click and choose the Delete option.
In the Delete dialog box, choose whether you want to shift existing cells left or up to fill the empty space left by the deleted cells. Press the OK button.
Observe that Excel has deleted the specified cells.