- Preparing for Photo Organization
- Using Tags and Ratings to Organize Your Collection
- Specifying Folder Names During Import
- Tagging Your Photos During Import
- Tagging Photos After Import in Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Tagging Photos After Import in Picasa
- Tagging Photos After Import in Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Deciding What to Do with Less-Than-Perfect Photos
Tagging Photos After Import in Windows Live Photo Gallery
You can create two types of tags with Windows Live Photo Gallery: people tags and descriptive tags. Use People tags for tagging people, and Descriptive tags for everything else.
- To create a new tag (see Figure 7) click the appropriate Add a New Tag button and enter the name of the tag. Repeat with additional tags as needed.
- To apply a tag to a photo, drag the photo to the tag and release it.
- To apply a tag to a group of photos, select the photos with Shift-Click or Control-Click, drag the group to a tag, and release the group (Figure 8).
- To display only photos with matching tags, click the tag name. To see all photos, scroll up to the top of the left pane and click All Photos and Videos.
Figure 7 Creating a new tag in Windows Live Photo Gallery.
Figure 8 Applying a tag to a group of photos.