- Memorizing Transactions
- Memorizing a Group of Transactions
- Using Memorized Transactions
- Scheduling Recurring Transactions
- Uses for Scheduled Transactions
- Add a Memorized Transaction to Your Icon Bar
- Changing Memorized and Scheduled Transactions
- Removing Memorized Transactions
- Setting Reminders Preferences
- Using Reminders
Setting Reminders Preferences
QuickBooks has a feature called Reminders that helps you keep track of everything that needs to be done. You can be reminded of bills to pay, checks and other forms to print, customers who are late with their payments, money waiting to be deposited, and even your brother’s birthday. Use the Reminders to help organize your tasks. By setting certain preferences, the Reminders feature will behave just the way you want it to.
Set Personal Reminders Preferences
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Click the Reminders icon at the left side of the window.
- Click the My Preferences tab.
- Check the Show Reminders List When Opening a Company File box to have reminders displayed when you open your company file in QuickBooks.
Set Company Reminders Preferences
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- Click in the Show Summary column for each type of information you want to display in your Reminders list. These items will display on a single line with a total amount.
- Click in the Show List column for each type of information for which you want the details to display in your Reminders list. These items will display with a summary and a detail of every individual item that makes up the summary.
- Click in the Don’t Remind Me column for each type of information that will be excluded from your Reminders list.
- Indicate how many days in advance of the due date these items will appear in your Reminders list.
- Click OK.