- Memorizing Transactions
- Memorizing a Group of Transactions
- Using Memorized Transactions
- Scheduling Recurring Transactions
- Uses for Scheduled Transactions
- Add a Memorized Transaction to Your Icon Bar
- Changing Memorized and Scheduled Transactions
- Removing Memorized Transactions
- Setting Reminders Preferences
- Using Reminders
Add a Memorized Transaction to Your Icon Bar
If you use the QuickBooks Icon Bar (displayed by selecting Icon Bar from the View menu), you might want to take advantage of this shortcut. When you want to use one of your memorized transactions, you’ll save yourself the step of opening the Memorized Transaction List and searching for your transaction. Instead, all you have to do is click a button, and the memorized transaction appears. Any form or check can appear as a button on your Icon Bar when you follow these simple steps:
- Open the form or check you want to add to the Icon Bar.
- Select Add [“active window”] to Icon Bar from the View menu. (Note: The Icon Bar must be displayed to execute this step. If the Icon Bar is not displayed, choose View, Icon Bar, and then you can complete this step.)
- In the Add Window to Icon Bar dialog box that appears, scroll through the list at the left to select an icon for this transaction. Click the icon you want to use.
- Enter a label for the transaction. This is the text that appears beneath the button on the Icon Bar.
- Enter a description for the transaction. This is the text that appears briefly when you pass your mouse over the button on the Icon Bar.
- Click OK. The icon for your transaction becomes a permanent part of your Icon Bar.